Caring for your smile includes caring for the tools used to clean it. Do you realize that if your toothbrush is not clean or filled with bacteria, then you are not cleaning your teeth with it like you may have thought? Caring for your toothbrush can be easy if you apply the cleaning tips into your life. That is why, our dentist, Dr. Hal Jones with Waveland Dental Center in Waveland, Mississippi, has provided you with this information on caring for your toothbrush.
Here are the best tips on caring for your toothbrush:
– Never share your toothbrush with anyone else, which includes making sure that nobody else uses your toothbrush.
– It is important to keep your toothbrush as clean as possible. To help keep it sanitized, avoid storing it on its side or in a closed container.
– Never store your toothbrush with any other toothbrushes.
– Your toothbrush will typically wear out within 3 to 5 months. When it does start to show signs of wear, replace it immediately.
– If you struggle with traditional toothbrushes, try switching to easier tools including electric toothbrushes.
– Make sure any toothbrushes you use are non-abrasive, have soft bristles and can easily reach all areas of your mouth for an effective clean each time.
– For additional help with cleaning out your mouth, always visit your dentist twice every year for a professional cleaning.
As you can see, caring for your toothbrush can be done each day with essential tips and techniques. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to see a professional dentist, please call us today at 228-270-0044 to make an appointment. Our dental team is happy to schedule an appointment for you and help you in any way we can.